Thursday, September 8, 2011

'Guitar Mania' - Abstract complete

Hi Everyone,
I thought i might take the time today to add my abstract painting, "Guitar Mania".
This is my very first free-throw abstract. I wanted to explore house hold sample paints that i purchased at Home Depot. This was definitely a lot of fun, but very time consuming. I had a time crunch of one month as it was a gift for my husbands' home coming from abroad. I was up late many a night.
The process started with a three layer pvc base coat. Once it was dry i went crazy with spray bottles and drizzling. This was fun and fast. Last, i filled in between the lines with a neutral so as to have the painting blend perfectly with its surroundings. The best way to do this is through adding a neutral. So here is the end result. I highly recommend you try this at home if you have never tried it. Just remember, Rome wasn't built in a day. Have fun painters!

No comments:

Post a Comment